Few things beat the great taste of real mashed potatoes; at our house, they are one of the things we rarely need to cajole our children into eating. But, while they are good for you, sometimes it is a good idea to eat something besides potatoes to take advantage of all the other nutritious foods out there. Enter Mock Garlic Mashed Potatoes, made from cauliflower! And to make a good thing even better, they take less time than real mashed potatoes because you don’t have to peel, slice and boil the potatoes before you mash them!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bouillon (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- *optional* 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish